/>

November 21, 2012

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones



Author: Cassandra Clare
Series: The Mortal Instruments #1
Release Date: March 27, 2007
Pages: 485
Review by: Max
    
    
     When Clary Fray, a feisty, redheaded New York teenager goes to the Pandemonium Club with her nerdy but lovable best friend, Simon, she sees a boy get murdered by three other teens...and only she saw it.
     It goes downhill from there.
     Clary finds herself immersed in the world of Shadowhunters, also called Nephilim. People born with angel's blood, with one mission: to protect the world from demons.
     The next day, Clary is attacked by a demon in her very house. She manages to kill the demon, but is posioned and taken to the Institute, New York Shadowhunters HQ, by Jace, one of the boys  she saw the previous day.
      She meets Isabelle and Alec Lightwood, whose parents are head of the Institue. When Clary explains everything to Hodge, Jace, Isabelle, and Alec's guardian, some freaky stuff is discovered, and Clary realizes that her life is more intertwined with Shadowhuntery than she thought.
    
   There's warlocks, vampires, faeries, werewolves, fighting, and romance. What more could you want?
    As the first book in a trilogy, now technically a six-book series, I didn't really know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised.
    This book was great. There really aren't any other words I could use to describe it. Well, there probably are. Fantabulous? Terrific? Jaw-droppingly attention-catching? Jace-tastic? All of these probably fit just as well, but I'm sticking with great.
    Plus, it's going to be a movie!

Fly on,
     Max


     






      

 

2 comments:

  1. I liked this short and sweet review and I wanted to know should I read this series or the Infernal Devices series first? Also I have tagged you, Tessa and Cassia to do the Opposite Book Tag and you can check out my post here:http://abookparadise.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/opposite-book-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the whole Mortal Instruments books first (all six of them), but I would recommend reading the first three Mortal Instruments books, then the Infernal Devices, then the final three in the Mortal Instruments. I know this can be confusing, but this is the order they were published in, and I wish I had read them in this order.
      Thanks for tagging us, but we already did the tag. Here is the link http://4evercrazyforya.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-opposites-book-tag.html

      Delete