/>

January 10, 2013

Favorite Quotes: Cassia Edition


Hey guys! Max here! Sorry we haven't posted Whatcha Reading Wednesdays in a while! I'm terrible at remembering things. In apology, I'm posting Cassia's quotes! Enjoy!
By the way, guys, my quotes get to be the funny ones :D!

Hey everbody!  Now it's my turn to share some of my favorite quotes!  As Tessa explained, my quotes will be philosophical.  Here's my catch, though: they're all from book characters, or they're song lyrics.  So here's my favorite quotes:

"We are what we are, Niall, neither as good or as evil as others paint us.  And what we are doesn't change how truly we feel, only how free we are to follow those feelings."
~Irial, Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr

If you think about it, this quote (above) applys not just to Marr's Faery Courts, but to real life.

"Viva la Vida"
~Coldplay

This is actually a song title.  "Viva la vida" means "live life".  Get how it's philosophical now? ;)

"I'm not angry, I'm just saying
Sometimes goodbye is a second chance"
~Shinedown, "Second Chance"

I like this one.  Sometimes saying goodbye to something does give you a second chance at something else.

"So live it like you're never living twice
Don't take the free ride in your whole life"
~Nickelback, "If Today Was Your Last Day"

I agree with the whole song.  You got one shot, people.  Make it count.

"'Is this thing safe?'
'Safe as life.'"
~Blue and Gansey, The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

This is between Blue and Gansey in Maggie Stiefvater's The Raven Boys.  They're getting into Gansey's car, which can barely run and will tip over or break down at any moment.  I agree with Gansey: nothing is truly safe.

Those are some of my favorite quotes!  I'll try to get more book character quotes next time!
Goodbye for now,
Cassia

No comments:

Post a Comment