/>

May 23, 2015

I Read YA Week 2015


As you know (and if you don't, look up at our header) our blog is crazy for young adult books. These books, including the Harry Potter, Divergent, the Hunger Games, and countless others, have shaped who were are today. 



None of us would be the same people without experiencing Harry's adventures in the wizard world that taught us all we ever needed to know about love, friendship, and sacrifice. Tris taught us that it is alright to be different, and sometimes that can even be an advantage. Katniss showed us how to look after the ones that we love and to stand up for what we believe in, even if it means taking extreme risks. 

I love YA because they tell let us connect with extraordinary characters in the hopes that we can be extraordinary too. 

Also, the stories are more complex than most adult novels. They also have more thought-provoking themes, inspiring complications, and dynamic characters that make the genre amazing.  

YA authors have inspired me to improve my writing and challenge my beliefs. There have been many nights that I sit awake until the stars fade away thinking about their amazing characters, world, and stories. 

I have also meet so many amazing people through YA. We started a blog because of it, which I will always be grateful for. I have had some awesome fangirling sessions with other bloggers just to discuss our favorite YA characters. 

I love YA. Some people might even say that I am crazy for it. It has guided me through life and will continue to do so forevermore. 

I have decided to combine all of the challenges of I Read YA Week into one (long) Storify. Below is a recap of the daily challenges of #IReadYA Week with tweets from all kinds of YA readers. 





What is your favorite thing about YA? What is your favorite YA book? Which YA book has inspired you the most? 


No comments:

Post a Comment